Pages

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Random Reflection

Late last night coming home from rehearsal, I'm standing up on the train praying someone close to me gets up so I can sit down.  A wet umbrella in one hand, a heavy bag around my shoulders and a bag of chicken in another hand (thanks J), I'm tired and hot and just wanna get home.

An older man walks up to me and shows me a picture he just took of me standing on the train.  The fact that he took the picture doesn't bother me, it happens quite often...but the fact that he shared it with me took me by surprise.  What's more, at first glance I didn't the think picture would be all that good.  It's been a long day and I look like a bag lady that needs to take a long nap so how could this picture be any good? And who is this guy?

Well, the picture is actually really good.  It's a candid shot that he caught very well and offered to email it to me.  Then, he asked me to sit down in the "reserved" seating section for older people, pregnant women and children.  It doesn't seem like a big deal but you're not really supposed to sit there as a young able bodied person unless there isn't anyone else around.  Not only did his invitation justifiy my sitting there it filled my desire to sit down.  God works in cool ways man.

With the little Korean I know, and the little English he knew, we had a pretty nice conversation.  It was one of those rare, wonderful, unexpected moments.  Wherever he is, I hope he was as blessed by our meeting as I was.


Until next time...


1 comment:

  1. Love it! It's the little things like this that you will miss the most when you leave Korea.

    ReplyDelete